Jambo!
Sorry that I haven't sent anything out for almost a month now, it's been a weird month.
A few quick highlights from the last few weeks:
I made ugali for the first time! It's so delicious. Every time we've had a meal with members or friends, they've had ugali or fufu. It's basically boiled water mixed with cornflower. I will be 100% be making it when I'm back at home, too.
You roll it up into a ball, and dip it into whatever sauce or soup you're having.
We also got a picture with our favorite bibi (grandma) friend. She has been a member of our church for twelve years, her testimony of Christ is so inspiring. We love her so much. Also, I always look foward to going her house because it always smells like African food, which is my new favorite smell.
(We got her permission to post this picture)
There was Capriccio Street and South Woodwind Street, it was hilarious.We also planned the baptism date of our friend, Nepumuseni! He is so excited, he's wanted to be baptized for so long. Ako poa sana sana sana. He is honestly better at church attendance than many of our actual members, he also reads his Holy Bible and Book of Mormon every single day. He is just so cool.
Also I've started learning Kinyarwanda because Swahili isn't hard enough lol. No, Swahili is very hard, but also we are meeting so many refugees from Rwanda and Uganda who don't speak much Swahili, so I'm learning all the gospel words that people wouldn't know in a second language. Like prophet is "umuhanuzi" or the Holy Spirit is "Umwuka wera." And of course "Yesu ni umukiza wachu!" ("Jesus is our Savior!")
When I was called Swahili speaking to Idaho I did NOT think I would also be learning Kinyarwanda, Kibembe, and some French. Life is insane. Languages are SO cool.
Spiritual thought: 1 Nephi 11:17
I am obsessed with this scripture. It's where the prophet (umuhanuzi) Nephi is talking with an angel in a vision, and the angel asks him if he knows about God's love. This is what Nephi answers:
"And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."
We don't have to know everything. We don't have to know what happens after this life. We don't have to know what the judgement will look like. We don't have to know anything EXCEPT that God loves his children. And that is all of us. God is not only just and fair, but also so loving and merciful. Nothing else matters but his love for us.
Napenda kabisa. (I absolutely love it.)
I hope all of you have a wonderful week!!



No comments:
Post a Comment